Your smile says it for all. Isn’t it? A smile makes a lot of difference when it comes to making a first impression which often tends to become the last impression as well about someone we meet for the first time.
So it’s worth an investment to enhance your smile to ensure you are making the right impression in every personal and professional situation. With cosmetic dentistry making a mark in the dental world in recent times, one can gain the confidence back with a radiant smile. And there has never been a better time to give your smile a makeover with cosmetic dentistry which now provides a wide range of options for a dazzling white smile.
With modern advances in dentistry, cosmetic dentistry primarily focuses on creating a positive change to your teeth as well as your smile. Problems like broken, missing or discolored teeth are thing of the past as dentistry has now expanded which may mean that additional or less dental work to perfect your smile.
As per the survey of American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, over 85% of adults say that attractive smile makes someone more appealing to the opposite sex. Hence there is a rise in Cosmetic Dentistry.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Plain Dentistry has evolved a new area – cosmetic dentistry though in reality there is no specialization as such within the dentistry world. It’s simply a name given to a vast majority of dental treatments or procedures that helps in improving overall dental aesthetics – color, shape, size, position, alignment and overall smile appearance. The teeth can be so revamped and repaired that they bring happiness to those who were somewhere discontented with their looks.
Cosmetic dentistry can change your appearance, make you look better and feel happier.
There is a wide range of procedures available today that can completely change your smile. From whitening your dull teeth to closing gaps to revamping damaged teeth, there are limitless possibilities so it’s important to know which aspects of dental aesthetics you are looking to change.
Aesthetics Factors to Consider:
Have you ever realized that your smile and teeth make up roughly one-third of your face? Therefore, there are other factors also to be considered for a cosmetic dental treatment which have an influence on your smile:
- Facial Height
- Facial Width
- Lip Volume
- Smile Line
- Lost or Missing Teeth
Cosmetic Dentistry Available Options:
- Teeth Whitening: Also called Teeth Bleaching, which helps to whiten and brighten your teeth, allowing you to smile with confidence. Your Dentist will first need to assess the source of staining and advice an appropriate treatment for you. It can be performed in the dental-chair itself.
- Dental Veneers: A veneer can be used to treat dental conditions such as discolored teeth, chipped teeth or even to cover the space in between the teeth. Veneers are custom made that’s cemented on the front side of the tooth. Either dental veneers are made directly in the dental chair with composite material or dentist will shape the teeth with his instruments. Or they will send the teeth impression to a dental laboratory to have porcelain veneers that doctor will then bond to teeth later.
- Dental Crowns: Also knows as caps, are full coverage custom made caps that cement over your tooth. Typically, crowns are used for damaged, broken or root canal treated teeth but can also be used for poorly shaped teeth or to cover spaces in between teeth. Crowns are usually made up of acrylic or porcelain and can match your natural teeth or can whiter the teeth to dazzle your smile.
- Dental Implants: It’s a permanent artificial tooth that can be used in place of the lost or missing tooth and is implanted through the surgical process into the jawbone with a screw or fixture.
- Teeth Shaping: Also known as Enamel Shaping. A dentist can reshape the tooth by removing or filling some of the enamel.
Considering so many options available in cosmetic dentistry, it’s better to be clear what you wish to change and consult your dentist to discuss which procedure is best suited for your needs that make you smile more!